You can find garden furniture, for example, garden day beds, not only in landscape design magazines. It is not perceived as a novelty. You can see a wide selection of such furniture on the market, so it’s worth spending time analyzing the assortment before buying.
Requirements for garden furniture
Let’s analyze these requirements using the example of garden daybeds. This is an analogue of a sofa, but installed in the fresh air. You can sit or lie on them. Usually, such items have an adjustable backrest, which will allow you to install the structure in any desired position. The set of such outdoor sofas includes soft pillows and pads, which it is desirable to remove before the rain, because they dry for quite a long time.
So, garden furniture is designed for outdoor use. You can put it on lawns, terraces, verandas, gazebos, pergolas and other outdoor structures.
The requirements for them are the following:
- All garden furniture should be comfortable. Therefore, choose such furniture based on its convenience.
- Resistance to the external environment. Such furniture comes into contact with moisture, is exposed to ultraviolet radiation and temperature changes. Therefore, it is necessary to choose furniture made of materials resistant to such influences.
- Simple care. The easier it is to keep garden furniture clean, the better. Therefore, it is worth giving preference to designs with a smooth texture.
- Small mass. Lightweight designs are more preferable here. This makes it easier to choose a place for furniture or rearrange it.
- Modern garden furniture is an integral element of landscape design. It is important that it harmonizes with the stylistic solutions of the house and the plot.
Combine garden furniture designs by choosing the optimal combination of different items. When choosing garden furniture, it is worth considering the place of its installation, the planned frequency of use and the appearance of the structure.