There is a preconceived opinion about paint as a boring material for design. It takes place because previously, when choosing in favor of such a solution, the walls were painted entirely in one color. As you can see from the examples of works johnspainting.com.au, modern ideas consist in combining different finishing elements.
When using paint for decoration walls in the premises, you need to know some nuances of working with paint. Find them below.
- Only interior paints are needed to do the painting indoors. There is a mark “for interior work” on the packages.
- The way the paint comes into contact with water has an impact on its use in various rooms of an apartment or house. Thus, in a room with high humidity, it is necessary to paint the walls with moisture-resistant paint. In other rooms, you can paint the walls with paint without the property of moisture resistance.
- All paints for interior decoration, in turn, are divided into two types: breathable and not. You will have to choose vapor barrier paint only for rooms where you plan to spend little time.
- This parameter shows the degree of its resistance to abrasion. For example, if you plan frequent wet cleaning of walls, the paint should be wear-resistant.
- Opaqueness, that is, the ability of the paint to cover the surface. This directly affects its consumption. The hiding power on the packaging indicates how much of this paint will be required to cover 1 square meter of the surface.
To sum up, using paint in a modern way will help you create a unique design of your house or apartment.