What can be the difficulty in painting the walls, you may ask. This is how most of the beginners of repair work think and are often skeptical about such “elementary” rules. And in vain, because without experience and knowledge, it will not be possible to paint the wall with water-based or oil paint without streaks. But you always have a saving option – to find a good Malermester Ingemann. Professionals will not only perfectly paint your walls without soiling other surfaces, but also clean up after themselves so that you return home and immediately sigh with delight.
Before painting the walls
One of the most important elements of the repair is the wall decoration. In order to start painting them, it is often necessary to prepare the work surface. The appearance of the room largely depends on the quality of these works.
It must be prepared for painting in order not to stain objects and surfaces that are not subject to painting. Hired painters will do this work for you. All places that are not subject to staining are sealed with masking tape.
Walls can be divided into two types:
- new walls;
- walls in an old, long-commissioned room.
The first case is the most profitable. It will only be necessary to putty, and then clean the treated surface with sandpaper. Next, the walls should be washed with a damp cloth and allowed to dry. At the end of the work, primed, in accordance with the functional characteristics of the room.
In the second approach, you should first remove from the walls all that remains of the past interior. Then wash the work surface well, as painting will reveal all the flaws, including small cracks. If the resulting surface has irregularities, then they should be eliminated.
Proper wall painting
- To begin with, it is necessary to paint all the inner and outer corners, while it is necessary to start work from the window side.
- Next, take a brush and paint the surface that cannot be painted with a roller.
- To obtain a uniformly painted surface, it is recommended to use a roller on a paint grid or a board to eliminate excess paint.
- Next, we proceed to painting large surfaces. To do this, it is best to use a roller. For the best result, apply the paint with progressive movements from top to bottom, then from left to right and again from top to bottom.
That’s the whole wall painting technology. Properly preparing the walls for painting and observing the painting technology, you will cope with the task.