It is always difficult to start packing things, because you do not know exactly where to start and in what order it is better to pack. Despite the fact that you can simply take all your things to a ottoselfstorage.com where you will be provided with a storage place, you still need to put as much as possible in a small number of boxes.
Here are a few rules for successful packing:
- First of all, pack what you definitely won’t need in the near future: out-of-season clothes, rarely used toys, souvenirs, books, etc.
- And vice versa, just before moving, pack what you will need in the new place in the first place:
- Box unpacking knife
- Paper towels
- Garbage bags
- Plastic tableware
- Phone charging
- Hygiene items
- Tools for furniture assembly
- What is vital for your child
- Bed linen and towels.
- Marking of boxes. Sign the boxes with a marker on all sides. You can mark it with colored tape. For example, things from the bedroom are red, from the nursery — blue, from the kitchen — yellow, etc.
- Number the boxes, sign what is in them. Enter the most important things in a separate table and in which box they are. Yes, it takes time, but it makes it a hundredfold easier when unpacking in a new place, and also won’t let you forget something or lose it.
A few of these rules will help you a lot during the move.